- Review the literature on accuracy of POCUS for pericardial effusion diagnosis
- Compare and contrast the two cardiac views for determining a pericardial effusion
- How to distinguish between pericardial fluid vs epicardial fat and pericardial fluid vs pleural effusion
- To explain the findings of cardiac tamponade and electrical alternans
- To review the false positives of pericardial effusion on POCUS
Alpert EA, Amit U, Guranda L, Mahagna R, Grossman SA, Bentancur A. Emergency department point-of-care ultrasonography improves time to pericardiocentesis for clinically significant effusions. Clin Exp Emerg Med. 2017;4(3):128-132.